Bread Pudding with Dried Fruits

We had a bag of dried fruits from Costco which was so large that we ended up having a bit of it left after the girls have gotten tired of munching on them or bringing them form their snacks. So I though I would try to use up some of the dried fruits for our bread pudding quest.
Bread Pudding with Dried Fruits
This turned out to be not so bad, and it did use up the fruits in other ways, and the girls welcomed the change.

1 cup chopped dried fruits (apples, apricots, pears, peaches)
4 eggs
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups milk
6 cups cubed bread

Mix all the ingredients together, pour into a buttered 9×13 inch glass pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

8 comments on “Bread Pudding with Dried Fruits
  1. Lou says:

ahh one of the nicest comfort foods–bread–married to healthy fruit! 🙂 did you make a sauce to pour over it?

Thanks, Doc! You know me, always on the look out for ways to keep from throwing food out, and of course always on the looking for delicious recipes. 😉 you should try this one, great for breakfast!

Hi Ting! Oh yeah, the smell of freshly baked bread, especially one infused with fruits is soooo good! 🙂

3. ting-aling says:

I can almost smell the aroma..

4. Dr. Emer says:

Great idea, JMom. I’ll do this myself when I have time. Thanks for the idea. =)

Hi Santos!, yes, they did rehydrate, so they were a bit softer and flavors permeated the bread, it smelled so good without adding aromatics.

Hi Dexikins!, yes, it’s real easy, and it makes you look like a real baker 😉 that’s me, the impostor baker. My hubby is the real baker.

6. dexiejane says:

oh wow, didn’t know it was that easy to make bread pudding. looks good, yum 🙂

7. Santos says:

hi jmom! what a good idea. did the dried fruit rehydrate or did it stay somewhat dried?