Nutella Muffins

Nutella Muffin
Who doesn’t love a good cupcake once in a while? In our kitchen, cupcakes don’t come by too often, but when they do, they get gone in a jiffy 🙂 These were no exception, which I came across at Chichajo’s 80 breakfasts who in turn found it on the baking sheet who adapted it from the venerable Donna Hay. Well, now here it is in our kitchen.

10 tbsp butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Cream together butter and sugar, add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains. Fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full. Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12.

11 comments on “Nutella Muffins

Hi Sha and Ces! This one is definitely a keeper, do try it!

2. ces says:

i’ll definitly make this with the kids..they just love nutella..and on a cupcake??definitely..thanks for the recipe..

3. sha says:

ok dokie now we have this is our kitchen tago ko maya ang nutella kasi verbotten sa bahay haha
    like my peanut butter naka tago lol

Hi Joey! Thanks again, these were really delicious! and yes, not to mention cute 🙂

Ito namang si Thess o, syempre there’s always enough for you and Charlie 😉

Hi Heidiologies! Thanks for the visit 🙂 Well who knew we’re on top of the google rank for tinola! (I tried googling it too)

5. heidiologies says:

oh my god, i LOVE nutella! i will have to try this one of these days. (by the way, i found this blog by googling tinola recipe. haha. funny seeing marezone here! :: waves ::

6. thess says:

Hi Jmom!

ibinigay mo ba lahat kay xtine ang tira? penge!

😉

7. joey says:

Hi Jmom! Your cupcake looks so cute! And yummy too…I’m glad you guys enjoyed it 🙂 I know I (and my minions, hehe) enjoy it too 😉

Hi marezone! aren’t they good? 🙂

Hi Tin! for you, anytime! The girls enjoyed bringing this for their lunch snack too.

Hi Sha! that chocolate filled cupcake is next on our list too. Hopefully, we get to it this weekend. It’s fun having someone to cook with, huh? I enjoy cooking with my girls too, even if they do make quite a mess 🙂 Butter frosting is the best when it’s good, but it can be the worst when it’s stiff like you said.

9. sha says:

JMom
    I did tin’s cupcake
    kasi my friends daughter who is 13 is under my cooking spell
    every weekend she wants to do baking
    kaya from baking sheet, joey to you ako rin this weekend ha
    pa copya na rin…

I discovered an american cake shop dito (yan ang entry story ko sa cupcake last week) but I was not happy with the quality

imagine the butter frosting was as stiff as a brick!

Id rather experiment!

10. Typical INgredients says:

JMom,

sarap naman! may tira ba?

Tin

11. marezone says:

Yum, made these just the other day!