Lemon Garlic Roasted Pork Loin

LemonGarlicPork

Here’s another simple dish, but very satisfying. When pork loins go on sale here they usually sell the whole length which is about two feet long and good for three meals at least. I usually cut them up according to the dish I will be using them for i.e. cutlets for chops, strips for stir-fry, and whole like this one if you plan on roasting it.

This was prepared by Asi as she was my sous chef for the day. She mashed the tons of garlic that went into this and also prepped all the other ingredients for the marinade.

2-3 lb Pork Loin roast
1 head of garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
2 lemons, juiced
4 tablespoons olive oil

Mix all the ingredients together and pour over the pork roast and marinade overnight. We used a large plastic zip bag so it’s easier to turn and distribute the marinade. When ready, place roast and marinade in an oven safe dish and bake at 350 degrees F for two to three hours until tender. When done, remove the roast from the pan and transfer to serving dish, reserving the pan drippings. To make the gravy, melt a half stick of butter in a sauce pan and add a half cup of flour and stir until flour is browned and caramel colored. Add the pan drippings and add enough water or broth to make one cup of liquid. Stir well and cook until thickened. Serve with the roast.

This entry was posted in pork on by .

About Jeanette Moore (JMom)

8 thoughts on “Lemon Garlic Roasted Pork Loin

1. JMom

Hi Cusinero, do try it when you get a chance. Also, it’s a very lean cut of meat, so siguro naman hindi masyadong nakakataba. Just make sure you share. šŸ˜€

2. Cusinero Ge

Grabe, this looks so good. I’ll have to try cooking it for my friends sometime! Hehehehe… tataba ako lalo nito!

3. JMom

Naku po, sorry everyone, ba’t na miss ko itong comments dito? I’m really getting old šŸ˜‰

Hehe! Stel, if I ate the way I really want to and like to, I’ll run out of blocks to walk šŸ˜€

Hi Emer! Hindi ka naman siguro masyadong tataba. I try to follow your advise, eat everything in moderation šŸ™‚

Hi Ate chaa, ang dami kong natutunang factoids about Japanese life from you šŸ™‚

Hi lani! oo, dito yung porkloin na yan, pag binenta ng buo mas mahaba pa sa braso ko! Pero pag hindi on sale, ang presyo kasing higit din ng braso ko šŸ™‚

Hi Dexie, you’ll have your sous chefs before you know it! Just keep them in the kitchen while they’re little and they will learn to live there šŸ˜€

4. ate chaa

looks so delicious, kakainggit. here in japan?@they dont sell meat in big chunks. its either sliced or bite size already. I havent even seen a whole chicken in the super. unlike sa atin we can buy the whole piece and roast it.

have a great weekend!

5. Emer

This looks yummy, JMOM. Siguro tataba ako kung neighbors tayo. *LOL*

Re: Thanks for the offer on the comment system. Your comment system here is the same I use for my photoblog. Pero doon lang, kasi less ang spammers doon. I can’t use this for PARALLEL. Doomsday yun pag nagkataon. Pero, thank you talaga for the offer. šŸ™‚

6. stel

wow it looks so tender and moist…i need mashed potatoes with this! i’ll be on the lookout for pork loins then. & i have to train my sous chefs like Asi! with this and the taisan kelangan lang natin ng extra walks around the block JMom. and more blocks to walk hehe. happy weekend!