Pecan Crusted Fish

Pecan Crusted Fish

Although I am not religious, one remnant of religious tradition that I still follow on most occasions is eating fish on Fridays. The significance of it has been lost to my family long ago; nowadays it is more of a convenient way to remember to have our weekly fish ration. So it being Easter weekend, this was what we had for our very simple fish dinner.

Grouper fillets or any preferred fish
Salt & Pepper to taste
Flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup coarsely ground pecans
1 cup bread crumbs
Oil for frying

Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. In three separate bowls, ready the flour in the first one, the beaten egg in the second, and mixture of bread crumbs and ground pecans in the third. Dip the fish fillets lightly in flour, then in the beaten egg, then in the bread crumb and nuts mixture. Pan fry until nicely browned on both sides.

6 comments on “Pecan Crusted Fish

hi Gisaco, I’m glad to have helped you 🙂

2. Gisaco says:

Great recipe. I’ve made something similar in the past, but can’t find the recipe. I found yours while searching. Thanks for posting it.

hi sis, oh that sounds positively yummy! You just made me want to take a trip to the oriental store for some bangus.

hi midge, I think crushed almonds will be wonderful!

hi pookah! that salmon idea of searing the skin side first sounds delicious! I may try that next time I make salmon. Thanks for the mention to N&O! That will be nice if they do an article on bloggers.

4. Pookah says:

Looks good Jmom! We do it with salmon, cook the skin side in a very hot pan for 2 minutes, flip it, brush with butter and pecans and finish in the oven…fast easy and yummy too! By the way, I sent a note to the food editor of the Durham news part of the N&O, suggesting they do an article on local food bloggers and gave them your link! Trying to get free publicity!

5. Midge says:

Hi, JMom! Wow, that fish looks good. It reminds me of this gorgeous batch of Parmesan-encrusted fillets a friend of mine had me sample recently, but I personally think nuts and fish go so well together. Do you think crushed almonds would work just as well?

6. Omom says:

Yum.Yum. Oh, I had some of papa’s marinated bangus today, that was super delish, too!