Articles Comments

Cooked From the Heart » LaPiS » La.Pi.S. – Breakfast

La.Pi.S. – Breakfast

Bittermelon with Eggs

The theme for Lasang Pinoy Sundays (LaPiS) this week is BREAKFAST. Filipino breakfast traditionally always includes rice be it sweet or savory. Most of the time, breakfast is an opportunity to use up left over rice for fried rice. In this case, this Bittermelon with Eggs is served up with garlic fried rice. A great way to start the day!

See oufr list of egg dishes perfect for breakfast.

To see other LaPiS entries, visit Ces Spices for the roundup.

Written by

Filed under: LaPiS

12 Responses to "La.Pi.S. – Breakfast"

1. oggi says:

I never had ampalaya and eggs for breakfast. But why not, I love ampalaya and I’d like it for breakfast.:)

2. G_mirage says:

My mom cook this too but since I am no ampalaya fan, I dont know how it tastes =D I use chinakohl instead of ampalaya for omelette….

Surely a healthy breakfast! Happy eating! ;-)

3. Oh, that bittermelon with eggs looks like what my mother always cooks too. Although I’ve never had it for breakfast before. Might be time to start eh?

4. Dexie says:

you know you got me on this one, right? :)

5. stel says:

tita J i have to make this for husband…minsan nahuli ko ba namang hinahalikan yung ampalaya heehee i’m sure he’ll get a kick out of ampalaya omelette!!

6. I didn’t realize it’s ampalaya until you said it! Interesting dish… thanks for stopping by my LaPiS this week.

7. Zriz says:

Wow! I love fried rice with anything…not a fan of the ampalaya though… :)

8. Jay says:

wow, its been a long time that i had this kind of bfast..hmmm, ma-try nga minsan :)

9. anya says:

one of my favorite dishes but I usually eat one at lunch or dinner. nagutom tuloy ako…

10. ces says:

hi J!
    boy am i glad to get to open your site! i am having laptop problems and can’t open blogs and stuffs i don’t know why! anyway, your breakfast makes me more sad…mom and company left today and this reminds me of her since she cooked this once during their stay:( yum though!:) hopefully i can fix this prob and start bouncing back to help me ease the pain:(..:)