LaPiS: Step Into My Kitchen

The theme for this week’s Lasang Pinoy Sundays is My Kitchen. This is mine. It’s an old and cramped kitchen but it works for us. We spend a lot of our time in front of that stove cooking up the dishes you see here. We’re hoping to one day re-do the kitchen but we still have the rest of the house to do first. In the meantime, we make do with what we have and try to work around some of the quirks that came with it.

For instance, do you see the uneven cabinets above the stove? That’s because right next to the stove was supposed to be the place for the refrigerator. Who puts the refrigerator right next to the stove? So after the old refrigerator that was there finally died, we put the new one on the opposite wall away from the stove. Now the stove can breath and the refrigerator does not heat up every time we turn the stove on.

When the old gas range that came with the house died, we finally switched to our preferred gas range with one super hot eye. Now I can stir fry again without ending up with a soupy concoction. One improvement at a time…. maybe I’ll have my dream kitchen eventually. πŸ˜‰

11 comments on “LaPiS: Step Into My Kitchen
  1. Oggi says:

Your kitchen looks lovely, I love the huge stock pots and the tea pot too.:)
    I missed this edition of LaPis. I’ll try to join next Sunday.

2. JMom, at least you were able to take full advantage of all the major kitchen appliances that came with your house. thanks for letting us step into your kitchen! i hope we all get our dream kitchen someday soon! πŸ™‚

3. Jay says:

yur wood cabinets are great πŸ˜€

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista πŸ™‚
    Salamat sa pagbisita πŸ™‚

4. ces says:

never mind that it’s old J! we know naman that the dishes that come out of this ‘old’ kitchen is always ‘cooked from the heart’ πŸ™‚ therefore delicious!!!

5. Thess says:

I hope that soon, you’ll get your dream kitchen! Pero for now, naku yang kitchen mo ay hindi pwede isnabin dahil dyan maraming masasarap na produce!

6. iska says:

Your kitchen has its special warmth and character.
    Yeah, I pray i’ll have my dream kitchen one day, too.

7. luna miranda says:

you have a good looking kitchen. and yeah, why out a ref beside the stove? isn’t that dangerous?:D i’m a bit paranoid with gas stoves that i cook outside…i have a small dirty kitchen.

dream kitchen, indeed!

8. raquel says:

i love that dream kitchen, too! lots of room and storage. and a gas stove for me.

9. Gmirage says:

Seems your kitchen has lots of stories to share and memories to be retold…I’d like to have breakfast with my kids in a cozy, warm kitchen as yours!

Hintay natin, someday πŸ˜€ ako din hintay hintay hehe. (I added you to my bloglist pala…)

10. purplegirl says:

Your kitchen is so cozy, J. I love the huge pots. Those are indispensable, don’t you think? I have a bunch, too.