This is the accompanying soup when I made the Chinese braised ribs last week when the Clone was sick. This was all she had of that meal which was a good thing because her dad just about devoured all the ribs!
Anyway, this is a very simple recipe and all you really need is a good, flavorful chicken broth. Luckily, I had plenty of homemade frozen chicken broth. Of course, a good canned broth will work too.
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can of Cream Corn
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 2 stalks Green Onions, sliced
- ¼ cup Cornstarch, dissolved in water
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Combine chicken broth, cream corn and frozen corn and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour in the cornstarch slurry until the soup starts to thicken. You don't have to put it all. If it seems thick enough for your liking, stop.
- Slowly drizzle in the beaten egg, stirring slowly while doing so to create nice ribbon like threads of egg.
- Adjust your seasonings and serve with a sprinkling of green onions on top.