Eating with the season is the best way that I can describe this salad. My husband’s best friend brought over a large tray of freshly picked strawberries over the weekend and this salad immediately came to mind.
My girls have been into adding fruits with our green salads lately and what with strawberries and corn being in peak season right now, I thought I might as well post this recipe even though I don’t usually post salad recipes. Well, if you think about it, there really isn’t a recipe is there? When I put a salad together, it all depends on what’s in the fridge, the garden or the fruit bowl.
I always thought salad recipes are self explanatory. You can see what’s in it, but given the number of comments on my main blog when I posted a photo of this salad asking for the recipe, I suppose I might as well.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped into bite size pieces
- A couple of hand fulls of mixed salad greens (or whatever other greens you have on hand. Spinach will work too)
- Half of one Sweet Bell Pepper, chopped
- 8 oz pkg. of Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1-2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Half of one small Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Carrot, shredded or sliced
- 1-2 cups of Strawberries, cut into halves or fourths
- 1-2 cups of Corn (sprinkle on top of each plate)
- Boiled Eggs (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients above in a salad bowl except for the Corn and Eggs.
- Plate the salad and top with a few spoonfuls of corn and egg.
- Dress with your choice of dressing.
Other Salad Recipes Using Strawberries and/or Corn:
Summer Chicken Salad with Feta, Strawberries and Corn from The Frugal Foodie Family
Sweet Roasted Corn and Strawberry Salad with Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon from Cara’s Cravings
Roasted Corn, Strawberry and Avocado Salsa from Your Home Based Mom