This is another simple, fast and extremely satisfying vegetarian dish that is a favorite with my girls. We have been having lots of meatless meals lately and no one but the husband is complaining 🙂
When this photo was taken, we had it for brunch along with eggplant omelette and garlic fried rice. It was perfect!
- 1 lb. Bean Sprouts
- 8 oz. White Button Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ of an Onion, Sliced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of Spring Onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat wok to or heavy skillet to high and add the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and stirfry for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for another minute or two
- Add the bean sprouts, quickly stir fry for another minute.
- Season with salt and turn off the heat.
- Add the sliced green/spring onion and mix or you can just sprinkle them on top.
Other variations for Bean Sprouts:
Ginisang Togue from Overseas Pinoy Cooking
Spicy Bean Sprout Beef Rice Bowl from Rasa Malaysia
And for soup lovers, bean sprouts and chicken soup!