This is another simple, fast and extremely satisfying vegetarian dish that is a favorite with my girls. We have been having lots of meatless meals lately and no one but the husband is complaining
When this photo was taken, we had it for brunch along with eggplant omelette and garlic fried rice. It was perfect!
- 1 lb. Bean Sprouts
- 8 oz. White Button Mushrooms, chopped
- ½ of an Onion, Sliced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of Spring Onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat wok to or heavy skillet to high and add the oil.
- Add the onions and garlic and stirfry for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for another minute or two
- Add the bean sprouts, quickly stir fry for another minute.
- Season with salt and turn off the heat.
- Add the sliced green/spring onion and mix or you can just sprinkle them on top.
Other variations for Bean Sprouts:
Ginisang Togue from Overseas Pinoy Cooking
Spicy Bean Sprout Beef Rice Bowl from Rasa Malaysia
And for soup lovers, bean sprouts and chicken soup!